Top 10 NetBeans APIs
The following screencast series introduce you to the main NetBeans APIs, why you would use them, and how to get started doing so. It assumes no prior knowledge of the NetBeans Platform. In fact, the whole series is created for complete newbies.
Note. The screencast series was created in 2008. Parts of it are out of date, though all of it is still worth watching. Links to each part of the 2008 series are found below.
- Part 1: Runtime Container http://medianetwork.oracle.com/video/player/41902674001
- Part 2: Lookup API http://medianetwork.oracle.com/video/player/41915822001
- Part 3: Window System API http://medianetwork.oracle.com/video/player/41911819001
- Part 4: System Filesystem API http://medianetwork.oracle.com/video/player/41915891001
- Part 5: Nodes, Explorer, and Property Sheet API http://medianetwork.oracle.com/video/player/41913381001
- Part 6: Revision I & Porting a First NetBeans Platform Application http://blip.tv/geertjan/top-10-netbeans-apis-part-6-1498907
- Part 7: Revision II & Porting a First NetBeans Platform Application http://medianetwork.oracle.com/video/player/41950600001
- Part 8: Common Palette API http://medianetwork.oracle.com/video/player/41957182001
- Part 9: Visual Library API http://medianetwork.oracle.com/video/player/42853703001
- Part 10: Free NetBeans Platform Crash Course http://blip.tv/geertjan/free-netbeans-platform-crash-course-2132161
Two more recent screencasts, created in 2013, discussing the principles of how standard Java desktop applications can be ported to the NetBeans Platform, are found below: